Wednesday 17 July 2013

Make Up Meltdown Saviours


At last! The summer has officially arrived here in the UK.  Woop Woop!
For us Brits, this is a huge deal as many of our summer months (late June to early September) are usually rainy, gloomy, cold and not that great.
But with all this heat comes shiny skin for some people.

Are you someone who hates make up that just slides off the face within a few hours of application? I am, so with a heat wave at present, with highs of 28C, I want to share with you my make up meltdown saviours….

These products above are a must have for those of you who have oily/shiny skin and want their make up to last mostly all day.
I begin with Benefit The Porefessional as this is fabulous for hiding pores and fine lines. It mattes the skin with a silky balm that really leaves your face feeling smoothly soft. It blends translucent and is oil free, yay! It can be applied under or over makeup, but I find it works best for me under.
I next use my year round product which is Urban Decay De-Slick Make Up Setting Spray. I spray this onto my face before and after applying my usual foundation/BB Cream and blusher to keep it looking freshly applied and also to keep oil at bay. For a full description click here.
Lastly, if needed, I highly recommend Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. This can be applied for touch ups and states to control shine for up to five hours. It is available in 7 shades.

These products have worked for me and I have found that I haven't needed to reapply until around late afternoon if applied at 7am.

Let me know of any products you have tried to keep oil and shine away.
Share your make up meltdown saviours!


Rachel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment